Yamuna® Body Rolling Workshop
A yin-style approach to renewing the deep fascia of the hips and pelvis
Enjoy an afternoon practice to bring balance to the deep tissues of the pelvis, hips and low back.
Our body is made up of fascia, an all-encompassing elastic web of connective tissue in which our organs, bones and muscles hang. Over time, when we repeatedly use our body in the same ways, whether in yoga or in sitting at our desk, this fascia can stiffen and become dry, creating chronic tension or even pain. How can we hydrate our fascia to restore this elasticity and keep it healthy? Fascia is remodeled more slowly than muscle. It responds best to slow movements and long holds, as in Yin Yoga, and to compression and traction, as found in body rolling or other body work.
In this workshop, we will cultivate the yin, or quieter and more yielding quality of your practice. Moving slowly and mindfully with the breath, we will target the deeper tissues of our bones, ligaments, joints, and myofascial network, as we seek to renew the comfortable space and mobility your body craves. Our focus will be on exploring the pelvis, including all the muscle attachments of the hips and legs as well as the low back.
- The Yamuna Method allows you to “experience” your own anatomy and problem-solve for your own body.
- The ball provides the focal point for directing the breath and guiding you to where YOU need to go to find release in your body.
- The softness of the balls makes them ideal for working on scar tissue, old or persistent injuries and anywhere you carry tension.
- Perfect compliment to your yoga practice or sport, balancing out over-use and promoting longevity.
- Works the muscles from end to end, to restore full function and balance in the muscles and joints.
- Enjoy a special focus on hamstring issues and learn how to restore ease and comfort in these overused muscles.
Inhale, Exhale, Sink and Let Go. Repeat.
Come experience the relief that Yamuna Body Rolling offers!
Saturday, September 14
The Woodlands Yoga Studio
Register at The Woodlands Yoga Studio
Counts as CE contact hours. Certificates available upon request.